Below are the basic guidelines for artwork presentation that Mooresville Arts requires for all show submissions. Any presentation style not listed must be approved by the Gallery Chair before submitting. Always refer to the show prospectus for any additional requirements or limitations.
● Artwork must not exceed 48 inches in any direction, including frame.
○ There may be some availability for pieces larger than 48”. If you wish to enter work larger than 48” please contact the Gallery Committee.
● Artwork must be properly framed and/or prepared for presentation.
● Acceptable frame materials include solid wood, MDF, or metal frames. NO clip frames or Polystyrene frames.
● Framed 2D artworks on paper (photographs, graphite drawings, pastels, etc) need to be behind glass or Plexiglas.
● Frames, mats, and glass/ Plexiglas need to be sturdy, clean, and in good repair.
● Framed pieces must have a wire hanger affixed to the frame. NO sawtooth hangers, staples, tape or other hanging devices/methods.
○ Due to the Gallery’s hanging system, please affix your wire to the top quarter of the height of the frame and keep little or no slack in the wire.
● Gallery-profile canvases (a depth of at least 1 ½”) with sides painted white or a color complimentary to the artwork are also acceptable. NO visible tape, staples, or bare canvas.
● Paintings on canvas or any other substrate (board, wood) under the size of gallery-profile (1 ½” depth) must be framed.
● Artwork on metal may be acceptable without a frame. For specific questions pertaining to presentation and hanging devices, please contact the Gallery Committee.
If you have any questions or concerns email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (704) 663-6661.
Local Framing Recommendations:
Four Corners Framing Gallery- 148 N Main St, Mooresville, NC 28115, (704) 662-7154
Lake Country Gallery & Frame- 350 West Plaza Dr. Ste. L, Mooresville, NC 28117, (704)-664-5022 Fast Frame Mooresville- 111 Marketplace Ave A, Mooresville, NC 28117, (704) 696-0140
Frame Warehouse Huntersville- 9815-C Sam Furr Rd, Huntersville, NC 28078, (704) 896-5687
Copyright 2023 Mooresville Arts - All Rights Reserved.